Cedars Academy welcomes applications from students across the city and county. It is important to stress that whilst Cedars is an independent State Funded academy, we have commissioned Leicestershire County Council to manage and administer the applications and appeals process.
Admissions Policy 2017-2018
- 31st October 2016 – Closing date for applications
- 2nd March 2017 – Transfer decisions available to Parents/carers
- Parents can apply for a place by using the Online Admissions system (paper forms on request) on the Leicestershire County Council website
- Use the LCC’s ‘find a school’ search to see catchment maps for schools and a list of schools within your local area.
The ‘Your Guide to Education’ section has all the information required for entry to schools for September.
- Closing date for transfer applications for September 2017 intake is 31 October 2016.
- Results for the 2017/18 transfers were made available on 1st March 2017. To get your results sign onto ‘Online Admissions’ using your user name and password with which you made the application, then click on the results link.
- If your child has been refused a place in the school you have applied to, you have the right to appeal against this decision.
The Cedars Academy will only accept students for the appropriate academic year based on their chronological age unless there is clear picture of need for a different year based on evidence e.g. EHCP/statement of SEN.