Cedars Academy welcomes applications from students across the city and county. It is important to stress that whilst Cedars is an independent State Funded academy, we have commissioned Leicestershire County Council to manage and administer the applications and appeals process.
Admissions Policy 2017-2018
Click here to view the academy’s Admissions Policy – mid-term transfers from August 2017 onwards and Secondary transfers for entry in September 2017
Click here to view the academy’s Admissions Policy – mid-term transfers from August 2018 onwards and Secondary transfers for entry in September 2018
Applications for entry September 2018
- 31st October 2017 – This was the closing date for applications for entry September 2018
- 1st March 2017 – Transfer decisions available for parents/carers
- Results for the 2017/18 transfers will be made available on 1st March 2018. To get your results sign onto ‘Online Admissions’ using your user name and password with which you made the application, then click on the results link.
- If your child has been refused a place in the school you have applied to, you have the right to appeal against this decision.
Applications for entry September 2019
- 31st October 2018 – Closing date for applications
- 1st March 2019 – Transfer decisions available to Parents/carers
- Parents can apply for a place by using the Online Admissions system (paper forms on request) on the Leicestershire County Council website
- Use the LCC’s ‘find a school’ search to see catchment maps for schools and a list of schools within your local area.
The ‘Your Guide to Education’ section has all the information required for entry to schools for September.
- Closing date for transfer applications for September 2019 intake is 31 October 2018.
The Cedars Academy will only accept students for the appropriate academic year based on their chronological age unless there is clear picture of need for a different year based on evidence e.g. EHCP/statement of SEN.