Associate Staff Vacancies
The Cedars Academy is an 11 to 18 academy in Birstall that is committed to exacting high standards, raising attainment and demanding creative excellence from its staff and pupils. At the Cedars Academy we are driven to ensure pupil success is at the core of all our work. We provide a vibrant and engaging curriculum which promotes the love of learning, and prepares young people for the next steps in their lives.
We believe that through careful planning and delivering the very best teaching at every stage of their educational journey that pupils at The Cedars Academy will make outstanding progress. We will rigorously check all pupils are making progress in their learning and intervene decisively to remove any barriers to pupil achievement.
We know that by working hard and aspiring to excellence in all we do, pupils at The Cedars Academy will achieve the best possible outcomes and success. We are ambitious and aspirational for our staff and pupils; we believe passionately that every pupil will succeed and are committed to equality of opportunity.
Hours 1 per day – term time only
Grade 4 £13,903 – £14,914 (£7.20 – £7.52 per hour)
A midday supervisor is required as soon as possible to assist in ensuring the effective management and support of pupils during the lunchtime periods. You will provide effective supervision of pupils during the lunchtime period and during the periods before and after and ensure that the dining areas are kept tidy and are not a safety hazard. You will also be required to supervise all areas, both inside and outside the Academy building and ensure that pupils return to classes on a timely basis at the end of the lunchtime period.
Completed forms should be returned to Alistair Keates, The Cedars Academy Wanlip Lane Birstall Leicester LE4 4GH or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be returned as soon as possible.
If you require any further information please contact Alistair Keates on 0116 267 0803
Various hours are available up to 20 per week during the early morning and evening. 42 Weeks per year
Salary: Grade 2 FTE £16,401 pa (£8.50 per hour)
The successful applicant will have pride and care in their work, ensuring that the Academy is cleaned to the highest standards, providing the best possible learning environment for our pupils. We are able to offer both permanent and casual positions, dependent on the needs of the Academy.
Casual Cover Cleaners
Salary: Grade 2 FTE £16,401 pa (£8.50 per hour plus 12% Holiday pay uplift)
These posts are for casual positions, the post holders will be required to ensure that a high level of cleanliness is maintained throughout the Academy on a daily basis, ensuring health and safety compliance is adhered to in all cleaning routines.
Please note CV’s WILL NOT be accepted.
Beauchamp College are looking to recruit a
Post: Student Manager (student voice champion)
Grade: Grade 9
Hours: 37 hrs a week plus 90 days holiday hours
Responsible to: Line Manager, Heads of Key Stage, Vice Principal
Responsible for: Pastoral welfare of a designated year group. Student Executive/ Government coordination.
Date: September 2018
This is an exciting opportunity for the post holder to take responsibility for the pastoral welfare of a designated group of students, by supporting their academic progress along with their social and emotional development. You will communicate effectively with the families of these students, to engage them as key stakeholders in their child’s educational experience and you will ensure all students in your care are ready for learning.
Student voice is highly valued at Beauchamp College. The other aspect of this role involves organising and working with our students in the many ways student voice is expressed.
The post holder will be responsible for:-
1. Working one-to-one with students assessing their abilities, interests and achievements and providing them with information and support on a range of issues including support on mental health and wellbeing
2. Developing effective working relationships with appropriate outside agencies to ensure students access specialist support as required
3. Ensuring all student records are kept up to date both electronic and hard copy and that all relevant information is disseminated to staff
4. Completing other administration tasks including preparing reports or statistics for College leaders as required
5. Providing a proactive, approachable and stimulating service for students within the college
6. Liaising with College staff at all levels, principally teaching staff, to ensure student needs are communicated and met
7. Liaising with parents/ carers regarding student behaviour, attendance and welfare matters and keeping them informed regarding disciplinary issues and actions, including the use of standard letters
8. Responding to parental enquiries and follow up, logging date, time, reason, and action
9. Staying up to date with key issues involving student voice
10. Developing, maintaining and making available engaging and up to date resources in a variety of media (and particularly eLearning activities) to encourage student voice
11. Ensuring through a range of means, that teaching staff are kept informed of relevant issues relating to student voice
12. Assisting the Student Support Team with (including attending) advice evenings, open days and other College events promoting and supporting student needs at suitable Trust locations
13. Contributing to the College’s quality improvement processes and overall standards
14. Any other duties of a comparable nature as required.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
• Complete Application Form
• Letter of application (sent to Sally Wicken, Associate Principal).
• Max 2 sides of A4 (font size no smaller than 11).
(a) Your experience which will help in successfully undertaking the role;
(b) Your view of student voice in schools
Closing date: Wednesday 29 August 2018
Interviews: Thursday 6 September 2018
These posts are designated as regulated activities and require enhanced criminal records check for a regulated activity (including a barred list check)